Re: [xsl] Accessing the source nodetree while in another context

Subject: Re: [xsl] Accessing the source nodetree while in another context
From: Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 17:18:01 +0100
Add a variable before your apply-templates:

<xsl:variable name="originalDoc" select="/"/>

Regards,

Joerg

Jeff Rosler wrote:
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to access the source nodetree while
within another nodetree context? Here's a simple example -

<xsl:variable name="mydoc" select="document('mydoc.xml')"/>
<xsl:apply-templates select="$mydoc//*"/>

While the apply-templates is run, the context for the current node is set to
$mydoc and any templates that are executed use that. If I want to access the
nodetree for the source document on which the transform was run, is there a
simple syntax to specify it? I see how I could do this if I used an xsl:for
as I could copy part of the source nodetree into a variable and just access
the variable, but it seems like if I want to use templates, they are going
to be in a global scope and I won't be able to access my variable as it
isn't in the same scope. Therefore, I would need some syntax to specify the
source nodetree directly.

Thanks for any and all comments. Please let me know if I'm missing something
simple :-).
Jeff Rosler