RE: [xsl] Can XSLT produce binary output: ASN.1-BER

Subject: RE: [xsl] Can XSLT produce binary output: ASN.1-BER
From: "bryan" <bry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 15:44:09 +0100
>PDF is a text format with the possibility of having various stream
filters >inside it.
And anyway when wanting to generate pdf one generates an intermediate
xml form which is then processed into the pdf, generally xsl-fo

>As per my admittedly limited understanding BER is a format for
establishing >Binary Encoding Rules, and not a binary format itself.

Okay it seems I was wrong about that with further reading about BER,
lower level than I would like to go. Anyway it seems like the most
reasonable way to do this would be to forget about generating BER but
instead to focus on generating an intermediate xml format, as described
above with the pdf example, and then having something that processed
that format, as there is supposed to be the xer format or xml encoding
rules does it not seem that one would want to use that?