RE: [xsl] Using Dublin Core as meta data for XSLT stylesheets

Subject: RE: [xsl] Using Dublin Core as meta data for XSLT stylesheets
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 12:16:14 -0500
At 2003-02-06 08:29 -0800, Robert Koberg wrote:
You might want to look at RDF and Dublin Core.

That was in the article I found by Uche.

Simple DC: http://dublincore.org/documents/2002/07/31/dcmes-xml/

Thanks, Rob ... that looks like a definitive set of guidelines.

There is a document (I can't find right now) about expressing qualified DC in
RDF/XML.
What would you want out of a CMS? (very curious! - we use RDF/DC in our CMS
along with additional site/folder/page/content specific metadata - not released
yet...)

It struck me that if I were to catalogue my stylesheets having already gone through the effort of adding structured information, wouldn't it be nice if it were automatically detected and incorporated into whatever management system I happened to be using?

Which I'm not yet ... I'm just using my file system and CVS ... but I thought it would be a logical question if it were already being done. You know: invest a bit now so that in the future if it could be taken advantage of then it would already be done.

Are interested in qualified DC or simple DC?

I confess to not know the difference ... I just looked at the list of elements and picked what looked interesting to me. Would you recommend one over the other?

-- Upcoming hands-on in-depth Europe: February 17-21, 2003 XSLT/XPath and/or XSL-FO North America: June 16-20, 2003

G. Ken Holman                mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Crane Softwrights Ltd.         http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0   +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                      Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 0-13-140374-5                              Definitive XSL-FO
ISBN 1-894049-08-X  Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-10-1              Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
Male Breast Cancer Awareness http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/bc