RE: [xsl] an external javascript question

Subject: RE: [xsl] an external javascript question
From: "Passin, Tom" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 12:11:13 -0500
[TP]

> Here is the other question, I am trying to move all the js
> out and try to call the js as you would in html. I have tried
> everything that I could find that other users have posted such as

[snip...]

> As an alternative for now, I am importing the stylesheet that
> has the javascript and calling the stylesheet by the template
> name. I am assuming that this is not the procedure that most
> developers use on this list. As soon as this is done, I want
> to do the same for the .css.
>
> I would appreciate some tips.

First, write an HTML page that works, including the javacript imports -
no transformations or dynamic pages involved.  Then write a stylesheet
that reproduces that HTML page.  Only after this is all working is it
time to move to anything more complicated.

As for the script location, when it looks for scripts specified by
<script type='text/javascript' src='xxx'></script>, the HTML page loaded
by the browser will use paths relative to the host page's path, not
relative to any path that was used to generate the page (the browser
would not know about that).

Cheers,

Tom P