RE: [xsl] node-setting() escaped text

Subject: RE: [xsl] node-setting() escaped text
From: cknell@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 13:18:29 -0500
Oracle supplies a command-line utility for loading data.  You will find this in the "bin" sub-directory of your ORACLE_HOME directory.

ORACLE_HOME is an environment variable which hold the actual name of the directory where the Oracle software is installed on your workstation. Open a Command (DOS) window and type "set", then hit the Enter key, and all your environment variables and associated values will display. On my computer, the ORACLE_HOME line looks like this:

ORACLE_HOME=D:\oracle\ora90

So on my computer, I look in D:\oracle\ora90\bin to find a program called "SQLLDR.EXE"

In order to load data from your Excel file, you must follow these steps:

1) Save the Excel spreadsheet to a text format, (e.g., csv, fixed-width, etc.)

2) Prepare a SQL*Loader control file

3) Execute SQL*Loader at a command prompt, passing the database connection, login information (user name and password), and the path to your control file.

Details on these should be in the Oracle docs, I'm looking at a book from O'Reilly Press called Oracle SQL*Plus where the topic is covered on pages 167-174.
--
Charles Knell
cknell@xxxxxxxxxx - email