RE: RE: [xsl] How to implement an array

Subject: RE: RE: [xsl] How to implement an array
From: Imrran Wahid <devguy2003@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 17:43:09 -0800 (PST)
Wendell,
It's a neat solution. Thanks for the time you took to
help me resolve this along the way. It's been bugging
me for a while. Now I'm off to implement it with
several different tables being defined in the lookup
file.

Once again, thanks to you and all who make this list a
healthy resource for learning.

Imrran

> It's tricky and confusing. In order to get the logic
> right, you actually
> have to invert it. First iterate over the lookup
> nodes in $Table1Struct,
> creating a <td> for each one. Then its value: you
> want the value of that
> child of your Item that passes your name test; if
> there is none, presumably
> (this being HTML) you want a placeholding
> non-breaking space.
>
> This template will do this:
>
> <xsl:template match="Table1/Item" mode="celldata">
>    <xsl:variable name="thisitem" select="."/>
>        <xsl:for-each select="$Table1Struct">
>            <xsl:value-of
> select="$thisitem/*[name()=name(current())]"/>
>            <!-- selects that child of the Item whose
> name is the name of
>                 the $Table1Struct node we're looking
> at -->
>            <xsl:if

test="not($thisitem/*[name()=name(current())])"> </xsl:if>