[xsl] xsl:key may not contain references to variables

Subject: [xsl] xsl:key may not contain references to variables
From: Xiaocun Xu <xiaocunxu@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 14:17:36 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

  I thought this should have been a popular question,
but somehow I did not find it in the archive.
  I am in the process of upgrading from Saxon 6.0.2 to
the latest 6.5.2.  While doing regression testing, I
found compile errors "xsl:key may not contain
references to variables".  Guess the newer version is
more tightly following the specs.
  I can expand the variables so that it no longer use
variables in both match and use attributes, but it
will make the code less-readable and more difficult to
maintain.  Anyone had similar problem and had a more
elegant solution?
  Attached are some of the examples of the variables
and xsl:key currently in my code.

Thanks,
Xiaocun

<!-- Find all lineitems, key on
string(LineItemLotName) to handle 0 or 1
LineItemLotName -->
<xsl:variable name="LineItemLotColumn"
select="$LineItemHeader/cell[.=saxon:n2v($mapRFQ,'LineItemLotName')]/@column"/>
<xsl:key name="lineitemLotsKey" match="//row[@row &gt;