RE: [xsl] xsl:sort and axis navigation

Subject: RE: [xsl] xsl:sort and axis navigation
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 00:01:38 -0000
> Then in the template, when I this test :
>
> <xsl:if test="SOUSTHEME != following-sibling ::
> SOUSTHEME[1]"> <xsl:attribute name="break-after">page</xsl:attribute>
> </xsl:if>
>
> Does the test take the sorted data or the original XML datas
> (coming from a java classes) ?

The axes always navigate the source tree in which the node is contained.
If you want to navigate in the sorted data, you will have to create a
temporary tree that is sorted, as you suggest.

You haven't described your problem, but it looks like a grouping
problem. Have you checked the standard solutions to grouping problems at
http://www.jenitennison.com/xslt/grouping ?

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx