[xsl] XMLPipe model: should we change the name?

Subject: [xsl] XMLPipe model: should we change the name?
From: Michael Pediaditakis <mp49@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 17:56:45 +0000
Hi!

This is simply an "ethical" matter, so any feedback will be
highly appreciated!

We are in the process of finishing the implementation of
a model (in Java) that realises a number of ideas on
transformation pipelining, heterogeneous documents
combination and handling and a way to semi-automatically
produce the correct combination of transformations for a
specific application profile.

Now, the core aspect of the whole architecture is the
pipelining of transformations (mainly XSL-T) for the
XML documents... And thus, the original name that I thought
to give to the whole model and the implementation is
"XMLPipe".

However, there is the "XML Pipeline processing"
wich is a quite different concept with a very similar name though!
Plus, there is already the "XPipe" pipelining
architecture. Moreover, XML* names should
be reserved for W3C products and recommendations shouldn't they?

So, my question is: Do you think that I should change the
name before we make a public release of the model and implementation?

Thanks for any advice on that,

Cheers,
Mike.

P.S. BTW, this is an advertisement as well :)