[xsl] XSL-FO versus PostScript

Subject: [xsl] XSL-FO versus PostScript
From: Zack Brown <zbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 12:14:42 -0800
Hi folks,

Could someone explain the advantages of XSL-FO over PostScript? As far as
I can see, XSLT can be used to output both, and PostScript looks like the
more powerful language. Can't I exert more control over my documents if
I go directly from XML to PostScript?

The one argument I can see in favor of FO is that it presents a method of
page description that is more intuitive than PostScript. But even that is
kind of iffy. XSL-FO goes through a lot of hoops (like inheritance) to avoid
programmatic flow control. And the result is fairly convoluted.

Thanks,
Zack

--
Zack Brown