[xsl] DTD validation

Subject: [xsl] DTD validation
From: "Challa, Harsha" <hchalla@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 13:19:10 -0500
I desperately need more information about this, or any workarounds,  I have
a go live this week !!!!
thanks for help in advance

the error is
output of external XSL converter

XSLT error
(javax.xml.transform.TransformerException):JAVA.IO.FileNotFoundException)
C:\LoadTenderedInterface\.\EventNotif\LoadTendered.dtd ( system cannot find
the path specified)

I have switched off the validation of xml in sml spy

Hi

I have an XML document coming out of a system which needs to be
translated to text document. I have written XSL to do this, but when i apply

it to the xml it is failing because it is trying to validate against a dtd
and cannot find it.

( I am using XML spy and processor
java -cp C:\cm\lib\xalan.jar org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -IN %1  -XSL %3
-OUT %2

I was wondering if there is an option to turn off such validation using XSL.

thanks for help
Harsha

response i got

The Xalan CLI turns off XML validation by default already. However, turning
off validation may not be enough because even non-validating parsers have to
read the DTD (to some extent). You are probably best off removing the
DOCTYPE declaration completely with some other tool, for example a stream
editor. Another possible option is to use a custom entity resolver which
supplies an empty DTD.