[xsl] encoding problem

Subject: [xsl] encoding problem
From: Rod Humphris - FLPTN <rod.humphris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 11:13:04 +0100
Hello all

I know this isn't strictly on topic but googling and searching the biglist
hasn't got me going so:

I have to work with some xml encoded ISO-8859-1 with msxml3/4 which, reading
msdn
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/xmlsdk/htm
/xml_concepts_1rxo.asp), I think it should be able to convert itno utf-8 and
process but I get the error:

"Switch from current encoding to specified encoding not supported."

Can anyone tell me what's going on or point me at a resource?

Thanks

Rod

Code:
xml:
<!DOCTYPE rss PUBLIC "-//Netscape Communications//DTD RSS 0.91//EN"
"http://p.moreover.com/xml_dtds/rss-0_91.dtd";>
<rss version="0.91">
 <channel>
etc

xmlDoc = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.FreeThreadedDOMDocument.4.0");
xmlDoc.async = false;
xmlDoc.resolveExternals = false;
xmlDoc.validateOnParse = false;
xmlDoc.load(Server.MapPath("News.xml"));

Rod Humphris
PC Developer
Focus DIY Limited
Tel: 01761 416034 xt 581
email: rod.humphris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not necessarily the Company. Unless expressly stated to the contrary, this email is not intended to give rise to a new, or affect an existing, contractual or other legal relationship.This email and any files transmitted with it, including replies and forwarded copies which may contain alterations) subsequently transmitted from the Company, are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient. The unauthorised use, disclosure or copying of this email, or any other information contained or attached,is prohibited and could, in certain circumstances, be a criminal offence.

If you have received this email in error please notify the sender as soon as possible.

www.focusdiy.co.uk