Re: [xsl] Accessing Variable within a Variable

Subject: Re: [xsl] Accessing Variable within a Variable
From: Leena Kulkarni <mulberrylist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 05:45:53 +0100 (BST)
Hello!

Yes David, I wanted to do a copy-of of the two
variables.

Well, its not the syntax exactly but the ability to do
such thing in xsl is of my concern. I have taken this
problem out of my problem and made an assignment of
it.. small piece I can concentrate and work on.

I want is, can I copy 2 variables into one.. and
traverse the merged one, and during traversing,
somewhere can I check for some value that appears in
one variable.

Like, I have node-set of 'mangoes' and and 'oranges'.
I combine them as 'Fruits'. I am now processing fruits
with a for-each. Can I add some check for the mangoes
node-set inside the for-loop? Does XSL allow that?
Does it maintain the context? does it access values in
mangoes node-set when explicitly checked inside the
Fruit's for-each?

Hope I made myself clear. Please le me know if
something is unclear.

Thank you.