RE: [xsl] xsl templates, Removing spurious namespace declarations in output elements

Subject: RE: [xsl] xsl templates, Removing spurious namespace declarations in output elements
From: "Tim Wilkins" <Tim.Wilkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 14:53:09 +0100
    <xsl:template name="recurseCopy">
     <xsl:choose>
       <xsl:when test="local-name()=''">

  the local name will only ever be '' for nodes that have no name:
  / and comments, do you apply this template to such nodes?

I initially created the template without this check for an empty name, but
hit error which turned out to be null name.  I found this was being hit when
I copied

<Attribute Mnemonic="Rname" Type="Text">
<TextValue>Value which has no name</TextValue>
</Attribute>

I've changed the precise details in case I infringe copyright, but the
string I've included as "Value which has no name" is the bit that was
causing this to happen-changing "<xsl:copy/>" to something like
"<junk0/><xsl:copy/><junk1/>" placed the extra elements within <TextValue>.
It could be there's a problem with my code, and I shouldn't hit this.

I don't apply the template to nodes other than Point and Attribute and their
children and I don't have any comments.

Thank you,

Tim