[xsl] I have the XSLT, now need to make it usable as user-input form?

Subject: [xsl] I have the XSLT, now need to make it usable as user-input form?
From: "Kathy Burke" <Kathy_Burke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 09:51:04 -0400
Happy Friday!

With much help from this list, I've now got a quite nice html output form
based on an xsl stylesheet for a work instruction (step-by-step) etc.

I've been reading a lot of posts re: xforms, etc., but it doesn't look as if
I could use my xsl (which would be unthinkable!).

My head is spinning...I could really use some
pointers-in-the-right-direction for how to best/most easily accomplish the
following:

The xsl/xml instance presents the user with an html form of process steps to
follow. Each step has a checkbox (when checked I want to store the
SystemTime in an attribute value), and there are several user input boxes
along the way. When any user input is made, I do need to either check the
value against the xml attribute (e.g., high/low) and/or record the data (in
case it gets lost before a final form POST. My thought was to SAVE the xml
instance each time the user action occurs, overwriting the xml file each
time until the end of the process is reached.

Does this make sense? Please point me in the right direction. How to capture
data as the user goes along AS AN XML INSTANCE? and how to assign a
system(time) variable to an element attribute (many occurences in the same
document).

Thank you!

Kathy