Re: Subject: [xsl] Seeking methods using XSLT from PHP - sablotron installation

Subject: Re: Subject: [xsl] Seeking methods using XSLT from PHP - sablotron installation
From: "Braumüller, Hans" <H.Braumueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 10:37:06 +0200
Hi Neil,

i guess Gary uses MS propietary syntax and extensions.

Neil, it is possibly to install sablotron through ftp if i don not have access to root, shell on a shared virtual hosting ? SSI, Php 4, Perl, CGI, MySql is installed on unix/apache.

Thanks,

Hans Braumüller
-- + --
Mail Art Not War
http://crosses.net

Hi Gary - just up the road from me hehe (I'm in Bristol)

What sort of problems are you having - your description was (necessarily ?
) wooly, but I started with this last week - nothing too stressful but it
worked a charm once I got my xslt right :-)

Sablotron to me seems really transparent - just feed it an xml file (or
string), a stylesheet (or string) and some parameters, it goes off and does
its bit just as well as the M$ +javascript handlers.

Let us know a bit more about your problem, perhaps some examples.

Here's what I use for an example :

         $xsltproc = xslt_create();
// create new processor instance
         xslt_set_base($xsltproc, "file://f:/htdocs/hillmanonline/calendar/");
// set base directory (convenience method)
         $params=array("current"=>$current,"guid"=>time());
// hand the processor some params to pass into the stylesheet
         $args=array();
// dunno about this, but it needs to be an array - even an empty one is fine !
         $result=xslt_process($xsltproc,"icalendar.xml","vcal.xsl",NULL,$args,$params);
// Get transformed output as a string into the $result variable
         print($result);
// pump out the response

Regards
Neil Smith.