RE: [xsl] I have the XSLT, now need to make it usable as user-inp ut form?

Subject: RE: [xsl] I have the XSLT, now need to make it usable as user-inp ut form?
From: "Passin, Tom" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 12:49:33 -0400
[ Kathy Burke]

> I realize some programming is needed, but I wanted to use an
> XML/HTML form
> created using XSLT (this part is all done), then (using VB et
> al) save the
> entire XML instance to a field in a database, then call upon
> that info using
> XSLT etc. I'm familiar with VB, but how does one save the entire
> Instance...that specific info is what I'm not getting.
> Otherwise, I may as
> well go back to the old field-by-field database programming
> approach...?

You can programatically create xml based on the form data in the
browser, put that data into a hidden input in the form, and then post
the form to the server.  This often works well (if your users do not put
illegal characters into the form data).

With the newer versions of IE and Mozilla, you can use the
XMLHttpRequest control to send data, xml or otherwise,  to a server
without leaving the page.  You can find cross-platform code to do this
that will work with both browsers, but of course it will not work with
older browsers.

Cheers,

Tom P