Re: [xsl] xsl-fo header problems

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl-fo header problems
From: Mike Ferrando <mikeferrando@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 13:45:15 -0700 (PDT)
Ken and friends,
I decided I was working too hard. The fo:marker is not seen in the
PDF output except in the header. My document <fo:flow> is one long
table. So, I decided that XSL would transform the Chapter information
for each first cell of each row. I then used the fo: marker like
this.

<fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="series-title"
retrieve-boundary="page-sequence"
retrieve-position="first-starting-within-page"/>

And it worked. I get the first marker in every page which insures
that the flow of text on the top of the page will be represented by
the header it relates to. I was thinking to much like I was doing a
word processing document.

I read some XSL posts by David Pawson and Ken Holman, but I stumbled
across one response by David Carlisle that clicked. To get rid of the
header on the first page, I used the conditinal page sequence for the
first page (separating it from the rest) and removed the
xsl-region-before from the simple-page-sequence (Ken Holman's post).
And I am probably going to impliment the piggy-back idea as well
because of spaces under the header doubling sometimes.

Thanks all,
Mike Ferrando
Washington, DC