[xsl] Re: Re: Grouping problem?

Subject: [xsl] Re: Re: Grouping problem?
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 06:52:43 +0200
"Lars Huttar" <lars_huttar@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:002601c3091b$efc26f90$250414ac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Dimitre Novatchev wrote:
> > Unfortunately, this does not produce the right result in the
> > general case.
>
> I believe it does in the example data you gave, at least
> as I understand Benjamin's definition of the problem.

Hmmm... Probably I misunderstood the definition of the problem -- I thought
that the sum in every group should not exceed 10.

If this was a wrong understanding, it was a lucky one, as it describes a
grouping problem, which does not have an obvious solution using the
Muenchian method -- the groups are not independent, but every group depends
on all previous groups.

The original problem is much mor "regular" and it must be possible to solve
using the scanl() function.

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.