RE: [xsl] Character entities in attribute values

Subject: RE: [xsl] Character entities in attribute values
From: Edward.Middleton@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 19:57:37 +0900
>From: mark_fletcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:mark_fletcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
>Yes, I guess 'character references' is what I meant.  But, I'm not sure
>what you mean when you say 'no sequence of pure XSLT transformations can
>lead to this result'.
>
>Do you mean that what I'm trying to do is not supported?  Or that the
>escaped ampersands in the output text should not be occurring?

This is unlikely to be a problem with your XSLT file because it would appear to be impossible to generate the result you are getting with XSLT.

XSLT only deals with literal characters not character references.

This is somewhat simplification of what happens when you pass a document.  The XML
Parser converts your XML file to a Unicode DOM tree (converting all character references to there literal character).  Your XSLT processor converts this to another DOM tree, which you serialize to an XML file.

You problem is probably caused by faulty serialization of the DOM tree or you are post processing the XML file without realizing it.

Edward Middleton