RE: [xsl] Searching the last element

Subject: RE: [xsl] Searching the last element
From: TSchutzerWeissmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 11:59:50 +0100
Hi Andreas

> > > 	<xsl:if test="/text/p[position()=last()]">
> >
> > This tests if there is a last "p" in the whole document and
> will return true every time. You want
> >
> >   <xsl:if test="position() = last()">
> >
> I am sorry, this solution didn't work. But thanks for explaining me,
> what has been wrong with my example.

it's only going to work if you do <xsl:apply-templates select="p"/> in
<text> context.

If you just do <xsl:apply-templates/> you're applying templates to the whole
document, which will change the values of position() and last(). They'll
only give the values you want if you're just applying templates to this set
of <p>s

HTH
Tom SW