RE: RE: [xsl] Need to use generate-id() or other method?

Subject: RE: RE: [xsl] Need to use generate-id() or other method?
From: cknell@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 12:23:22 -0500

You will have seen my follow-up post by now stating that all that stuff wasn't necessary. Every time I do something like that I am reminded of a quote I once read attributed to Blaise Pascal, the famous 17th Century French mathemetician. He is reported to have opened a letter to a friend once with this apology, "I'm sorry to have written such a long letter. I didn't have time to write a short one."

The stuff with the substring() and string-length() functions just chops off the trailing period from the output of <xsl:number>.

--
Charles Knell
cknell@xxxxxxxxxx - email