RE: [xsl] Inline Hyperlink

Subject: RE: [xsl] Inline Hyperlink
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 17:58:03 +0100
> Just when I am beginning to have a comfort level in xml/xslt,
> another issue appears. My inline hyperlink code is returning
> the following text in my browser, instead of an active link:

> The xslt formatting is:
>
>     <xsl:template match="n1:TextHyperLink">
>         &lt;a href=<xsl:for-each select="n1:hlAddress">

Your comfort is entirely misplaced: you are suffering from a very basic
misunderstanding of the language. &lt; represents a less-than character;
it will be copied to the result file as a less-than character, which is
what you are seeing. If you want to generate an element in the result
tree, rather than text that looks like markup, then you need to do it
using elements in the stylesheet.

Remember that XSLT generates a result tree. Think nodes, not tags.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx
work: Michael.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx