[xsl] Creating internal lists

Subject: [xsl] Creating internal lists
From: "Shellenberger, Mark" <MShellenberger@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 08:42:05 -0400
At least this is what I think I am trying to do.....

I am trying to take a large document and convert it into something much
smaller.  The document has a References list and then citations within the
document body.  I want to create a list where each citation in the
References is matched up with all instances of matching citation references
in the body.

The citation elements are like this:
<CITATION ID="c9">

The reference elements are like this:
<CITEREF ID="cr9-1" RID="c9">

I want the end result to be like this:

item 9
  item9-1

item10
  item10-1
  item10-2
  item10-3

item11
  item11-1
  item11-2

I am not even sure what to call this....thus looking within the FAQ/Archives
and at Developerworks, and XML.com/.org has been difficult at best.

Any suggestions or assistance is greatly appreciated.  Heck just tell me
where to read about it and I will be eternally grateful.

Thanks,
Mark