AW: [xsl] making <p>s or <br> in html from a stylesheet

Subject: AW: [xsl] making <p>s or <br> in html from a stylesheet
From: Ronald Kent Gibson <Kent.Gibson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 14:19:00 +0200
thanks a mil that worked a treat!

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Brook Ellingwood [mailto:brook@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Gesendet: Montag, 1. September 2003 20:10
An: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: [xsl] making <p>s or <br> in html from a stylesheet

> I have some xml which has line feed, carriage returns, whatever, on each
> line, and I want to transform this into html and I want to keep these
little
> buggers or make something that breaks a line in html. So what should i do
?!

[Back on digest mode, so this may have already been answered...]

I've just been doing the same thing with some added complexity thrown in.
The second question on this FAQ page is the starting point you need -- it
sounds like it should solve all your issues:

http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/break.html

What I needed was to do this but also have child elements in the text being
delimited by (in my case) DIV tags. The solution in the FAQ won't work in
that case. If you find you need to do something more along those lines,
David Carlisle's solution works very well:

http://www.biglist.com/cgi-bin/wilma/wilma_hiliter/xsl-list/200308/msg01187.
html

-- Brook