RE: [xsl] XSLT 2 processing of W3C Schema expressed defaultattributes

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSLT 2 processing of W3C Schema expressed defaultattributes
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 23:51:04 +0100

> Like performing normalization on it? That's interesting -- I wouldn't
> have expected that behavior; I would have expected copy-of to
> produce a
> literal copy with no additions.

<xsl:copy-of> does indeed produce a copy with no additions. But the
validate function, which is typically invoked implicitly when building
the initial source tree, or explicitly when you write something like
<xsl:element validate="strict">, causes a modified copy, in which (a)
elements and attributes are annotated with their types, and (b) defaults
are expanded.

Michael Kay