Re: [xsl] Landscape print control

Subject: Re: [xsl] Landscape print control
From: "Mike Haarman" <mhaarman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 12:53:12 -0500
Bob,

Your application interface can make available a print-preview widget separate
from the client's print button.  We do this.  The widget fires a different
transformation to build FO and process with FOP from the Jakarta projects.
Returning PDF, the client opens Acrobat Reader to view and presents its own
print controls which do honor page format instructions in the PDF.  You have
much more control of your print layout using this method, as opposed to allowing
the client browser render HTML to a page.

Mike