RE: [xsl] how to evaluate a dyna generated variable?

Subject: RE: [xsl] how to evaluate a dyna generated variable?
From: "Andrew Welch" <AWelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 10:13:23 +0100
> Hello,
>   I have defined the I18n resources with variables like this:
> <xsl:variable name="lang.type.participant.1" select="'Absolute
> Relation'"/>
> <xsl:variable name="lang.type.participant.2" select="'Relative
> Relation'"/>
> <xsl:variable name="lang.type.participant.3" select="'Group
Expression'"/>

> and in my stylesheet, I want to get the resource like this:
> <xsl:value-of
> select="exsl:evaluate(concat('$lang.type.participant.',Type))">
> but it seems exsl:evaluate only accept variables that contain XPath
> reference,right? then is there any way to do this?

Do it all in a xsl:choose/xsl:when in a named template, then call that
template each time passing in the type as a param:

<xsl:call-template name="lang.type">
  <xsl:with-param name="type" select="Type"/>
</xsl:call-template>

It's fine if you have limited set of variables, if they are endless you
may want to consider generating the stylesheet.

cheers
andrew