RE: [xsl] Reference to a other xml or xsl in the main xsl sheet

Subject: RE: [xsl] Reference to a other xml or xsl in the main xsl sheet
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 11:06:05 +0100
There are several ways you can do this.

You can write a named template that takes the country name as a
parameter, and outputs the country code.

<xsl:template name="encode-country">
<xsl:param name="code">
<xsl:choose>
<xsl:when test="@code='x">Albania</xsl:when>

etc.

If the code is always in a <Country> element, you could use a match
template instead, perhaps in a special mode:

<xsl:template match="Country" mode="encode">

This is easier to call than a named template because you don't have to
set up the parameter value.

Or you could use a lookup table that maps country codes to names, and
access this table whenever you need it using a path expression. Such
lookup tables can be held in global variables and accessed using
xx:node-set($lookup), or they can be held as user-defined data in a
top-level stylesheet element and accessed using document('')/*/my:data,
or they can be held in a separate XML file and accessed as
document('lookup.xml').

Michael Kay