RE: [xsl] [announce] XMLSPY 2004 available, introducing MAPFORCE 2004

Subject: RE: [xsl] [announce] XMLSPY 2004 available, introducing MAPFORCE 2004
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 23:24:23 +0100
> It's obvious that XMLSpy costs so much
> that you're afraid no one will look at it if you tell them the real
> price.

I think it's a perfectly reasonable selling strategy to structure your
information so that people are encouraged to assess the benefits of a
product before you show them the price. It's a strategy that may turn
some potential customers off, but that's a commercial decision that a
vendor is entitled to make.

As for me, I've got XML Spy and in the past I've generally abandoned
using it because I liked its XML-editing features but disliked its
non-XML editing features. So I'll give the new version a try. I've
finally overcome my resistance to Java IDEs, which were based on similar
feelings (I now use IDEA from IntelliJ), so who knows...

Michael Kay