Re: [xsl] Authority For Western Line Breaking Rules

Subject: Re: [xsl] Authority For Western Line Breaking Rules
From: Mukul Gandhi <mukulw3@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 00:54:41 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Eliot,
  The XSL-FO spec says
(http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice7.html#common-hyphenation-properties)
--

that "hyphenation" may be used for line breaking. It
can be controlled by values "true" or "false". If
hyphenate is "true", the XSL-FO processor may use
language specific hyphenation table(as FOP does). If
hyphenate is "false", then hyphenation is not
performed, and line may be broken by the boundaries of
the specific container.. I am not very much sure how
line breaking is handled by various XSL-FO processors
if hyphenate="false"..

Regards,
Mukul