RE: [xsl] [recursion pattern] sophisticated problem

Subject: RE: [xsl] [recursion pattern] sophisticated problem
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 04:43:10 +0100
You are trying to create one node in the output (X) corresponding to two
nodes in the input (C and D). I classify all such problems as grouping
problems, though this might be a rather simple one (but that depends on
whether the range of possible inputs you need to deal with can be
correctly inferred from your example).

The basic approach is that you need to fire one template rule that
processes the group as a whole. The solution might look like this:

<xsl:template match="C">
<X>
  <xsl:copy-of select="."/>
  <xsl:copy-of select="following-sibling::D[1]"/>
</X>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="D"/>

Michael Kay