Re: [xsl] Callstack overflow error !! It is not inifinte recusive loop ??

Subject: Re: [xsl] Callstack overflow error !! It is not inifinte recusive loop ??
From: Dipesh Khakhkhar <dkhakhkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 17:13:31 -0400
Hi,

Thanks a lot for replying and addressing the issue.

I am using msxsl parser and it does not have any setting where I can increase
the call stack size.

I will try to use DVC alogirthm which Dimitre has mentioned and provided links
for the same. Thanks !!

But how i am able to run the same code in other xsl file with the same number
of parameters. This i am not able to figure out.
I restarted my computer and then started on this program and ran the first xsl
over the inputfile, it failed and gave error. Then i ran the second xsl file
and ran over the same inputfile and it ran perfectly fine producing desired
result. This is the common code present in both the xsl. So why it is running
fine in one xsl and why not others. I am having 7 xsl like this and it is
running fine in only one of them ? I am having 512 MB RAM and P-3 processor.
Or there is some easy way to get what I am trying to achieve through
recursion.

Thanks once again for your replies.

Regards,
Dipesh

>In real life, infinite just means "more than the callstack can handle". Since
you say (below) you got to level 248, maybe there's a limit at that point.
Does your processor have a parameter you can set to increase it?

Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 20:21:22 +0200
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [xsl] Re: Callstack overflow error !! It is not inifinte recusive
loop ??

> I am getting Callstack overflow error when a template is called
recursively.

To avoid stack overflow problems due to deep recursion use the Divide and
Conquer (DVC) method as described e.g. in:

http://www.topxml.com/code/default.asp?p=3&id=v20020107050418

or in

http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/08/06/exslt.html?page=3

=====