[xsl] Transformer Error Using Xalan

Subject: [xsl] Transformer Error Using Xalan
From: Priya Mahajan <priya.mahajan@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:32:00 -0600
Hi all,

I am using Xalan v2.5.1 in a servlet to transform an xml file using an xsl
stylesheet and sending it back to the browser. I get the following error when I
try to do this

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then
click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Invalid at the top level of the document. Error processing resource "..."
Line 1, Position 39

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Both my XML and XSL documents did not have any encoding attributes in their XML
declaration and I included it, but it still gives the same error.
If I use IE6 to view the XML, then it transforms using the included stylesheet
without any problems ...

I came across this problem on the list before but couldnt find any solution to
it. Could someone please shed any light on this !!

Thanks,
Priya