RE: [xsl] xmlns and java

Subject: RE: [xsl] xmlns and java
From: "Robert Ogden" <Robert.Ogden@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 08:53:37 -0500
I'm using Saxon.

What I am really trying to accomplish is allowing an incremental count
on several different elements as posted earlier without response.

I want to output a count of a chapter and paragraph (several different
types), but don't know the best way to go about it. I was thinking a
global variable would be a sure bet, but from what I read Saxon doesn't
support Javascript, so I decided to try Java.

Intended output:
1-1 first para in chapter
1-2 second para in chapter
1-3 third para in chapter

XML:
<chapter>
   <intropara>first para in chapter</intropara>
   <subpara1>second para in chapter</subpara1>
   <para>third para in chapter</para>
</chapter>

XSLT

<xsl:template match="intropara">
   <xsl:number format="1" level="single" count="chapter"/>-
   ?????? <!-- not sure what to use here, tried xsl:number using count,
but
                      it doesn't allow for more than one element per
union (from
                      what I gather)-->
</xsl:template>

I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions given,

Thanks in advance...

Robert Ogden

>>> mhk@xxxxxxxxx 09/24/03 11:05AM >>>
It depends entirely on which XSLT processor you are using.

Michael Kay