RE: [xsl] defaut xslt stylesheet for IE

Subject: RE: [xsl] defaut xslt stylesheet for IE
From: "Jacoby, Peter R." <PJACOBY@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:59:00 -0400
The stylesheet that IE uses internally can be found at
res://msxml.dll/DEFAULTSS.xsl
or more specifically:
res://msxml4.dll/DEFAULTSS.xsl (or msxml3.dll)

For more information about this see the MSXML FAQ:
http://www.netcrucible.com/xslt/msxml-faq.htm#Q19

The only problem is that this is written not in XSLT, but in WD-XSL
Microsoft's language prior to XSLT 1.0  If you want an XSLT solution, you
can check out
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/xsl-list/2002-02/msg00831.html

which has a version that does a fair amount of what the Microsoft version
does, but isn't quite as nice-looking.  There are probably others out there,
for you to use if you search on Google or the list archives.

Another idea to look into is whether you can pass the data from your
database to the client with a MIME type of XML set so that the browser
correctly interprets that as XML that it should handle accordingly.

-Peter