Re: [xsl] xsl Greater than and Less than.

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl Greater than and Less than.
From: Brook Ellingwood <brook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 10:29:52 -0700
If I can interject here, exactly how strings are compared in XSL 1.0 has
been an area of some confusion for me. Doug Tidwell's O'Reilly book states:

"If both objects are strings: Then they are equal if their Unicode
characters are identical. For less-than and greater-than comparisons, the
character codes are compared."

I've been told by people at Microsoft that this interpretation of the spec
is wrong but that early versions of MSXML (not sure which ones) used this
same mistaken interpretation, but MSXML4 doesn't. At the time, I tried to
figure it out what the spec was saying for myself, but didn't get very far
-- I was a bit out of my element at that point. It sounds like this agrees
with what Michael is saying.

-- Brook