[xsl] Good Subject Lines

Subject: [xsl] Good Subject Lines
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 19:36:52 -0400
A good XSL-List subject line describes, precisely and concisely,
the subject matter of the question or posting.

A good XSL-List subject line does not:
   - aim to amuse
   - describe the person asking the question
   - identify that the question is about XSL (that's the subject
      of the whole list)
   - try to be a complete sentence
   - characterize the difficulty or importance of the question

Subject lines on XSL-List would be better without phrases like:

   - Newby question
   - XSLT question  (or XSL-FO question)
   - difficult problem (or Easy problem)
   - reward for assistance
   - Whoop Whoooooop WHOOP!  Interesting Puzzle. Please read!
   - URGENT!  Important question!
   - Please assist me in the very critical small question I need
     an answer to now

You not only increase the chances that you will get good answers to
your questions if you write clear subject lines that describe your
question (and not yourself), you also make the question and any
answers available in the archives.

Thank you.

-- Tommie

B. Tommie Usdin                        mailto:btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx