RE: [xsl] Replace Apostrophe Template -- very brief example...not working

Subject: RE: [xsl] Replace Apostrophe Template -- very brief example...not working
From: "Passin, Tom" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 17:10:12 -0400
[Kathy Burke]
> Sorry...
>
> The template from J. works except I not only get the \' in
> the html source,
> I also get it when it parses to the browser.

What in the world does that mean?

>  For example
> "Kathy's" turns
> into Kathy\'s in both places and my javascript is still
> complaining about
> the apostrophe.

Kathy, you have been posting to this list for long enough to know the
drill.  First, get your web page working with hand-authored code.  Then
try to duplicate that code using your source file and stylesheet.  If
you cannot get that working, show us what you started with, what you
expect to get, and what you actually get.  Try to boil it down to a
simple, concise fragment that shows precisely the incorrect behavior,
and be clear about what you want to achieve.

You said that you want to apply the template to all text, yet now you
are complaining because it works as intended.  It would seem that you
actually want something different, which you had better explain if you
want to get help.

Tom P