RE: [xsl] generate XHTML header without causing xmlns attributes in e.g. <table>?

Subject: RE: [xsl] generate XHTML header without causing xmlns attributes in e.g. <table>?
From: Flemming Jønsson <flj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 14:38:10 +0200
Hi Jarkko,

> > I thought I had to declare the name space in the xsl:template line
> > like this:
> >
> > <xsl:template name="exparameters" match="EX_PARAMETERS"
> xml:space="preserve" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";
> xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>
> class="parameters" >
> >     <thead>
> >

> Well, normally these kind of declarations are done in the
> stylesheet level.

Originally I did it the way you suggests:
I have removed the xml namespace declaration in the template def. and tried this:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"; xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";>

However I get that xmlns="" in my table anyway?

The funny part is, I have two <table> tags in the page which is generated, and it is only in the second one that gets the xmlns attribute - why is that?

The template declarations look like this (now):
<xsl:template name="query" match="QUERY">
And
<xsl:template name="exparameters" match="EX_PARAMETERS" xml:space="preserve">

First table tag in generated xhtml looks like this

Second table tag looks like this

I have tried searching the web for answers, but I don't think I've used the right keywords - I haven't been able to find anything which could lead me towards a solution to this. I am a beginner, so it might be even the simplest thing I've missed - so any help will be appreciated.

Have a great weekend everyone,
Flemming