[xsl] Re: Re: Re: dynamic html table generation

Subject: [xsl] Re: Re: Re: dynamic html table generation
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 21:53:19 +0100
> Ah, but I thought there might be an XSLT clue on how to "pad-out" if the
> columns don't fit neatly into the divisions. This could occur if you were
> going across or down with a variable number of items, but a set number of
> columns (or rows). The '</tr>' does not get written until the columns are
> equal in the row.

XSLT operates on nodes -- not on tags. It is not possible to create only a
"starting tag" or only an "ending tag". Anyone, who worries "where the </tr>
will be written" is not thinking in terms of XSLT.

If it were necessary to write dummy "td" elements in some rows, this, of
course, can be done. However, we must see a compelling case to do so.

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.