[xsl] Re: Generating a namespace declaration

Subject: [xsl] Re: Generating a namespace declaration
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 06:55:45 +0100
"Sony Antony" <santony@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1070243475.1108.50.camel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> using <xsl:element>, is it possible to declare a namespace prefix.
> I tried specifying "xmlns:myns" as an attribute ( <xsl:attribute> ), but
> the processor complained.

A namespace is not an attribute. Rather than this do the following:

Specify the namespace-uri in the "namespace" attribute of xsl:element

If you have declared this namespace and bound the "myns" prefix to it (e.g.
on the xsl:stylesheet instruction), chances are that the XSLT processor may
use the same prefix.

Also, if the name of the element is statically known, you can simply write:

   <myElement xmlns:myns="my:myURI"/>

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.