Re: [xsl] creating a string of child node names

Subject: Re: [xsl] creating a string of child node names
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 12:50:39 GMT
> maybe because I had children in my tags ?

Tags can't have children (although a start tag can contain attribute markup) but
xslt can not access the tags in the original document anyway.

however that is just the standard rant against mis-use of the word tag
which has a well defined meaning, but for some strange reason is often
misused to mean element.

returning to your real point.

>  Using My real file for some reason my list ended up ended up with
>   value="InvoiceNumber,,DespatchNoteNumber,,OrderNumber,,AccountNo,,"

If you got that using the template I posted then there is a bug
   somewhere. Most common caase of getting that would be to apply
   templates to some nodes without a name so name() returns nothing.
   This would be the white space text nodes used to indent your
   children. I had apply-templates select="*" so did not select text
   nodes, if you had select="node() or no select attribute at all, you
   would get the result you posted.

David

--
http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/matthew