RE: [xsl] TOC despair

Subject: RE: [xsl] TOC despair
From: "John Meyer" <jmeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 19:50:08 -0500
Oops, your right, that would convert each node to a string before
comparing. I use this test in some of my stylesheets, but each node has
a unique id and I compare these ids. What you should do if you don't
have unique ids is to use:

<xsl:if test="generate-id(.) =
generate-id(ancestor::chapter[1]//section[position()=last())]">

Of course, if you are transforming to fo or html, I would use style
attributes to indicate the extra space. There are multiple ways to
specify this kind of style. If you are transforming to plain text, then
I would recommend the above or using apply-templates with a
with-parameter modifier for the last section. The apply-templates is a
bit wordy, but very efficient.

John Meyer
Senior Software Engineer
Clinician Support Technology