Re: [xsl] XSL/HTML styling and CSS style sheets

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL/HTML styling and CSS style sheets
From: James Cummings <James.Cummings@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 15:26:13 +0000 (GMT)
On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Jackson Zettler wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am a newbie to XSL.  My first XSL project is to try to turn one of my html
> pages into an XML/XSL page and I am trying to figure out how to make my page
> look the same way it did when it was just html.  I was kinda hoping that I
> could just embed my CSS the same way I used to in the html page:

 <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/styles.css">

It needs to be a proper empty element
 <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/styles.css"/>
though if your xsl:output is producing html then sometimes it removes
this anyways so I usually output xml if I'm writing xhtml.
Or cheat and provide it as:
 <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/styles.css"><xsl:text>
 </xsl:text></link>

I think that makes sense, hope it helps,
-James

---
Dr James Cummings, Oxford Text Archive, James.Cummings@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx