Re: [xsl] Removing Duplicates & Formatting

Subject: Re: [xsl] Removing Duplicates & Formatting
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 09:48:25 GMT
> Your solution presented some interesting results. The first, most notable,
> was that the paths were not in the order of the XML tree-

well they are, but when removing duplicates I only kept the _last_:

<xsl:copy-of select="saxon:node-set($x)/p[not(.=following-sibling::p)]"/>

sounds like you want to keep the first:

<xsl:copy-of
select="saxon:node-set($x)/p[not(.=preceding--sibling::p)]"/>

> And last but not least, I tried to substitute the <p> element in your
p was a random letter I happened to hit on a keyboard, you should be
able to have any element/attribute combination you want there (so long
as you test for that element rather than p in the second pass that
removes duplicates. ie the two p's in the line quoted above.

David

--
http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/matthew