[xsl] General XSL-FO Advice Sought.

Subject: [xsl] General XSL-FO Advice Sought.
From: Ben Trafford <ben@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 13:48:33 -0500

Hello, all!

I'm working in XSL-FOs again, for the first time in a while. I'm laying out something that has columns within columns within columns.

I'm getting that "this would be easier to layout in tables" feeling, but then I feel all icky. I mean, I freed myself from using tables in webpages thanks to the magic of CSS...I don't really want to revert to using them in XSL.

So, does anyone have any advice or experience they might wish to share? Is there any significant advantage in using XSL's columns over its tables for layout purposes in a print document?

--->Ben