Re: [xsl] fo:list-block problem

Subject: Re: [xsl] fo:list-block problem
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 11:21:45 -0500
At 2003-12-15 16:39 +0100, Markus Gamperl wrote:
I have got the following xsl:fo block code:

<fo:list-block provisional-distance-between-starts="25mm">

I note you don't have provisional-label-separation= ... having it isn't relevant to your problem but I recommend to my students that they specify it when the relative measurements.

Between the number and the headline are 25 mm space. In most cases this is
enough but when the number for example is 1.1.1.1.1.1.1 it isn't enough! In
this case PDF-Formater (Antenna House) breaks the line and continous in a new
line.

This is acceptable conformant behaviour.

And i don't want to increase the space between number and headline
because very long numbers are rarely!

To get a label area that reflects the size of the label, you will need to abandon the list construct and use a side float instead.

So is there a way that Antenna House increases itself the space when it is
necessary (with a parameter)?

This is not a problem with Antenna House ... XSL-FO 1.0 requires the list-item-label and list-item-body areas to be specified and not to grow based on content.

Or are there other ways to solve my issue?

A side float that reflects the size of the list item label.

I hope this helps.

--
North America (Washington, DC): 3-day XSLT/2-day XSL-FO 2004-02-09
Instructor-led on-site corporate, government & user group training

ISBN 0-13-065196-6                       Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 0-13-140374-5                               Definitive XSL-FO
ISBN 1-894049-08-X   Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-11-X               Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
Member of the XML Guild of Practitioners:     http://XMLGuild.info
Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/bc