Re: [xsl] Re: how to apply an XSL transformation on a "pseudo-HTML" file

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: how to apply an XSL transformation on a "pseudo-HTML" file
From: Fabrice Estiévenart <fe@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 12:14:35 +0100
as the "pseudo-html" file outputs from a mozilla extension, it is unfortunately NOT well-formed : <br>, <meta>,...elements are left open to conform with HTML 4.01

Fabrice

At 12:16 17/12/2003 +0100, you wrote:

"Fabrice Estiévenart" <fe@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> i'd like to transform an pseudo-html file - i.e. html file including some
> user-defined tags such as <meta:element>, <meta:value>,... - with an XSL
> stylesheet
>
> tools such as tidy do not help me because they do not recognize my tags
and
> remove/move them
>
> could XSL directly be applied on such an html file ?

The answer depends on whether the "pseudo-html file" is a well-formed xml
document  or not. If the source file is not a well-formed xml document, then
an XSLT processor cannot be used (directly) to perform a transformation on
it.

Dimitre Novatchev.