[xsl] Re: Re: pretty-printing XML into HTML

Subject: [xsl] Re: Re: pretty-printing XML into HTML
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 21:37:53 +0100
Lars,

I wrote:
> To summarize:
>
>   Thank you for finding the bug(s) related to displaying of namespace
> definitions by the XPV for Mozilla. The fix will be part of the next
> release.

I just checked and it is clear that the handling of namespaces is not a bug,
but was really forced by the fact that the XPath engine used by Mozilla did
not support the "namespace" axis at all.

As it was impossible to have the nodeset of all namespace nodes belonging to
a given element, it was impossible to deal with namespaces as such.
Therefore, I could only check simple things as if a name had a namespace
prefix or namespace-uri().

I agree that if Mozilla's XPath implementation was a fully conformant one
then this would be a bug that should be fixed immediately. However, this is
impossible without the lack of support for the "namespace" axis.

I have not looked for newer versions of Mozilla -- if and when they have
support for the "namespace" axis, XPV for mozilla will start handling
namespace nodes correctly for the first time.

Dimitre Novatchev.
FXSL developer